I thought you might be interested in some progress being made in just one part of the "down-under" AoH community.
A group of organisations have entered into AoH prtactice in a deep and meaningful way, and are exploring ways to collaborate. The organisations are:
Last Monday we all met to have a conversation about how to establish a research centre in social innovation, with a focus on participatory leadership/AoH. Also involved is the emerging Hub here in Melbourne. We see this as a way to make a contribution to the broader AoH community, as well as deepening the practice of the organisations involved.
- annecto, aged and disability support orgainisation,
- Melbourne Citymission, a large NGO supporting homeless, people in or leaving prison, people with intellectual disabilities and unemployed people
- Merri Community Heatlh Service, offering community health as well as aged, disability, carer support
- Deakin Univserity, a major teaching and research university
- Success Works, a consulting company specialising in social policy, evaluation and innovation.
At the meeting it was decided to focus on Art of Hosting/Participatory Leadership and it's impact on social innovation. A very exciting nexus of energy for stewardship and development of AoH.
This collabroation has only been made possible by the power and integrity of the practices of this community. Thank you for your contributions.