How did you learn about Art of Hosting (please add the date and place) and what attracted you to it?
Initially through my teacher in Social Responsibility and Emerging, non-linear changes - Isabelle MAHY - at UQAM, Montreal, QC., in 2010.
Since then, learning & contributing with the Montreal AOH School & Community - see Update on next question.
Researching the Otto Scharmer's U Theory, it felt like non-linear change, and opening this kind of transformational conversations is clearly the only effective tool/s we actually have in terms of social innovation, to solve the complex issues our world is facing nowadays - socially, environmentally, economically.
To me, this just IS, and in particular The AOH, the only thing that makes any sense in view of the cacophony & confusion we, as individuals as well as societies, are faced with on a day-in-day-out basis: it brings back harmony in our hearts & communities.
Tell us about your experience with Art of Hosting as part of your life and work. What would you say your competence in it is? (new, starting practitioner, experienced practitioner, steward)
Experience with AOH - Update since 2012:
- Fall 2015: Starting a Master in Communication, Specializing in Emerging changes & the Theory U - Collective intelligence & Leading from the Future as it emerges
- 2015 - Beyond AOH: Completed a graduate program in Organizational Social Responsibility
- Contributing member of the Art of Commoning Conversation & event - held in Montreal, Nov. 2014 - with 4 international experts on the Commons: http://www.aohmontreal.org/en/l'art-de-l'en-commun/
- AOH & Collaborative practices, Fall 2014: a 3 month live workshop with international experts, organized by AOH Montreal Community members - http://www.lupuna.com/events/lart-de-la-rencontre-aut-2014
- AOH Advanced Practice Course, Spring 2014: a 4 month online leadership & facilitation course - http://aoh-ap.com/
- Jan & Oct. 2013: participated to Two professional practice seminars lead by Toke Paludan Moeller, Tuesday Ryan-Hart & Chris Corrigan with the Montreal AOH community - http://www.aohmontreal.org/en/january-2013/ & http://www.aohmontreal.org/en/october-2013/
- Aug. 2012: AOH 1 wk. Intensive experiential practice with UQAM, Montreal
Having worked over 15 years in the international solidarity, cooperation and development field, I have come to realize how crucial it is that we get at the roots of the issues faced by populations today in order to empower them directly, trusting their inner wisdom and placing the decision-making processes back into their own hands.
And The Art of Hosting is the answer I've been looking for, for the past 10 years at least...
Also, having extensive tools and experience in handling various kinds of motivational and transformational conversations with vastly different audiences, it certainly feels like my whole life experience - both professional & personal - has brought me to this point as well as consistently honed me for it...
And as our own personal, self-confessed “The Hobbit” (Toke Paludan Moeller himself of course - who else!? ;-) said to us at the end of our gathering of January 2013 in Montreal: “… as far as I’m concerned, everything else in Human activity – apart from This Brand New & Meaningful Conversation – can just stop. Just Stop.” My sentiment precisely.
Besides, I have extensive experience in organizing, coordinating and stewardship of events...
What is the primary field/topic/focus in your hosting work?
Social responsibility – i.e. implementing the 3 pillars of sustainable development: how to change the mindset, how to bring back Humans at the heart of decision making and foster Consciousness into Organizations’ management processes.
I'm used to work with international organizations - Non Governmental, Public, Think tanks, Private sector.
And I'm interested in changing the conversation in particular around Water issues - Water footprint - as well as evolving towards new modes of Good Governance taking the Common Good into account.
Where do you live/work?
Based in Montreal, Canada / Work internationally
Are there interests/passions that you'd like to share?
As a through-&-through Citizen of the World, having lived and worked on 4 continents, my consciousness reaches deep into what's at stake for far too many populations on the planet, my fellow Earthlings, as well as into the extensive and ongoing, senseless ravaging of the environment - biodiversity, complex living systems, etc. - which is our very and only Home.
Resilience comes with making sense of whatever we go through: this is my experience, and what I wish and want to contribute to the world as well as in my Life.
Hence the fact that I’ve started changing the conversations in various areas of my life already, following Gandhi’s saying: “Be the change you wish to see in the world”. Yes, changing the conversation starts within…
Other than that, I enjoy Yoga, Horses & Flamenco... Olé! :-))
Comment Wall (2 comments)
You need to be a member of The Art of Hosting to add comments!
Dear Myriam, a warm welcome to the Art of Hosting community! And thanks for introducing your background and experiences! You could also post a photo, so we can really "see" you here. Join in with the the conversations, and be sure to find lots or resources here.