Over the years many Art of Hosting practitioners have seen patterns that were showing up in and through their work. They are the knowledge base of our work. Some of these documents may find their way into the handbook/journal that normally accompanies an Art of Hosting training. (This list is continuously in the process of being updated.)
- The Art of the Authentic Call
written by Phil Cass, CEO Columbus Medical Association
The art of the authentic call P.Cass.doc
- Reflections on Invitation, invitation as process and attitude
written by Chris Corrigan, June '10
100600 Reflections on Invitation.pdf
and a blog post by Chris, May 2012, where he shows his passion again for this important topic: Lessons about invitation
- Working as a core hosting team; written in the context of Art of Participatory Leadership, by Mathieu Kleinschmager - 2009; detailed and nicely illustrated!
090000 Working as core hosting team MatthieuKleinschmager.docx
- On Holding Space, a compilation of emails all triggered by this energetic capacity of holding space; started in June 2010 on the AoH emaillist. Many gems in it, but over 20 pages!
100600 AoH holding space compilation.pdf
- Harvesting booklet
written by Monica Nissen and Chris Corrigan, after a conversation with Silas Lusius about actual harvesting from the land - with support of many others, version 1.5
Art of harvesting-1.5.doc
- Scaling and Sustaining social and organisational Innovation; harvest of two conference calls with a group of Art of Hosting stewards, by Ria Baeck and George Por: ; Aug.'08
080828 scaling-sustaining harvest GeorgeRia.doc
- The Art of Hosting Pattern in large-scale systemic design
Compiled from notes by Maria Scordialou, Mary-Alice Arthur and Toke Møller, by Ria Baeck, Dec. 19, ‘09
091219 AoH large scale systemic design.pdf
- The wider context of the 5 breaths: The thresholds of longing and memory
written by Chris Corrigan, March 2010
100330 Chris Corrigan Thresholds of longing and memory.pdf
- An engagement diagram
Made during a long term change process in a research organisation linked with the European Commission: an image of how a hosting team and a strategic leadership team can work together.
100301 AoH JRC generic engagement organigramme.pdf
- The Art of Stewardship
- A sphere for action - working with power
A contribution from Chris Corrigan, written March '11, after "conducting a second residential training in collaborative leadership with a number of planning grantees working in communities to make impacts on the social and economic determinants of health" . See the article here.