The Art of Hosting

Hi there,

We're doing another online unconference on the topic of facilitating in virtual spaces. Sessions are starting tomorrow (Friday, 10/24) and will go through Saturday evening (mid-day on Sunday in Sydney).


The first two sessions on the schedule are:

  • Blind Leading the Blind - I want to be a better phone conference facilitator! Help!
  • Exploring Online Facilitation / Mediation / Conflict Transformation Using Web-conferencing technologies

Both will run in parallel and start at 9am Pacific (12pm Eastern).

Head to the main page to see how you can get involved.

Free to attend. Donations welcome, sponsorships available. See you there!

Views: 240

Replies to This Conversation

Congratulations, Tim, for doing this!

It was 30 years ago when I organized the first online unconference on the topic of facilitating in virtual spaces, (and many others since then). There's a huge body of three decades of accumulated knowledge and experience in online facilitation. Unfortunately, it's scattered all over the internet.

My hope for this message is to serve as a grain of sand irritating the interest in online facilitation into a pearl.

george

Tom, not sure if I told you already - or if you are doing it already - but to announce things like this it might be good to use the AoH Facebook group and/or the emaillist. Not many people read recent posted messages here.

Oooh, I'd like to learn more. Let's connect!

Let's unscatter the internet.  ;-)

Tim


George Por said:

Congratulations, Tim, for doing this!

It was 30 years ago when I organized the first online unconference on the topic of facilitating in virtual spaces, (and many others since then). There's a huge body of three decades of accumulated knowledge and experience in online facilitation. Unfortunately, it's scattered all over the internet.

My hope for this message is to serve as a grain of sand irritating the interest in online facilitation into a pearl.

george

Thanks, will do!

Ria Baeck said:

Tom, not sure if I told you already - or if you are doing it already - but to announce things like this it might be good to use the AoH Facebook group and/or the emaillist. Not many people read recent posted messages here.

The concept of unconference seems interesting. Please could you explain a bit more on this. Thanks a lot Tim! Greetings from Delhi.

I've just joined AoF and I am an online instructional designer and facilitator, Id love to connect with other online facilitators... will there be anymore unconferences?

Thanks

Gini

Hi Gini,

We're doing it again this year:

http://ofu15.eventbrite.com

Look forward to seeing you next week!

Tim


Virginia Gough said:

I've just joined AoF and I am an online instructional designer and facilitator, Id love to connect with other online facilitators... will there be anymore unconferences?

Thanks

Gini

Hi Rituu,

An unconference is an event where the agenda is developed in real time by the participants. Anyone can suggest a topic or put forth a question they'd like to explore. As long as they find others who share the same interest, they can host their own sessions. This allows even the most niche topics to get covered that most likely would never make it on the program of a traditional, pre-planned conference.

We'll try to make some tweaks to the experience this year to make it easier for everyone to get involved. Stay tuned!

http://ofu15.eventbrite.com

Tim


Rituu B Nanda said:

The concept of unconference seems interesting. Please could you explain a bit more on this. Thanks a lot Tim! Greetings from Delhi.

RSS

Support the Aoh online community

Contribute to the Art of Hosting online presence by donating here in Euros.

Here you can do a bank transfer, donate in USD and pay with credit card.

Groups

© 2019   Created by Rowan.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service