The Art of Hosting

Dear friends,

I just come out of a skype call with Hala el-Hawari. She (as millions of egyptians) has been in the core of the revolution since the first day. She has the intelligence to see the need that this movement needs hosting, and needs it NOW.

We explored ways of how WE coiuld help as a community.

One is, that she will contact the EU delegation in Cairo to set up a democracy training programme very fast.

A second is, that I could lobby in the EU to set up a volunteer group of EU officials trained in the Art of Participatory Leadership (Art of Hosting) to be ready for AoH training projects in Egypt.

The third is an invitation to THIS GROUP. Who is in to set up asap a Art of Hosting training in Cairo???

Warm regards to all,

Rainer

Views: 377

Reply to This

Replies to This Conversation

Rainer, do you know that Maria Scord. is travelling to Egypt next week or so? She is doing something for AIESEC, - if I remember well - so maybe there can already a connection be made?

hello everyone, this is Uli writing, also in Egypt ;-)

Ria, I shall be in touch with Maria, I guess she is coming for some AIESEC conference?

As for AoH in general, there have been attempts, but we never managed to go forward, maybe it was always a bit too revolutionary for many people to join ;-) Now the feeling in the country is different, and there is a big need ...

I may be in Egypt last week of May, after attending the AOH in Budapest in May and if there is anything happening then, I would love to help .. Or better still, can we develop and work towards something for that period ~ If yes, thank you, I'm in

Hello Uli,

Great to read from you! I saw that two mates independently connected you into this thread :-)

If you know Hala already, I suggest you get in touch!

Rainer

Ulrike von Ruecker said:

Ria, I shall be in touch with Maria, I guess she is coming for some AIESEC conference?

As for AoH in general, there have been attempts, but we never managed to go forward, maybe it was always a bit too revolutionary for many people to join ;-) Now the feeling in the country is different, and there is a big need ...

Dear Rainer,

I would be very interested in helping too, I have called an AOH in Aarhus where I have been working with community building for 4 years.

Let me know if you are interested in working together.

With love,

Carl 

Strong Bright Hearts

Ulrike von Ruecker said:

So far my Skype with one of the YIPs currently in Egypt hasn't happened, but keen to support if the need is there!  Let me know!

My situation has changed and I am no longer able to go to egypt this time around, wish you all the best with the work.

With love,

Carl

Hello Rainer

great to be able to talk with you here. I have just been 'approved' !

very good indeed to share the Egyptian action passion with you, while in Amsterdam. While in Australia, I am continuing to follow the energies and flow of action in Egypt (and surrounds)... and am ready to move. I certainly would be read to join in creating a training. While I have not trained in AoH directly, I have been holding space with many of the ways of working that are included in AoH, beginning with Open Space in 1992.

while following various stories on Egypt now, I came across The Egyptian Association for Community Participation Enhancement (EACPE or ESCAPE). Contact details: Postal Address : 13 Farid St. Heliopolis, Cairo
Telephone : 002024150546  Fax: 002024150546  E-mail: cpe_eg@yahoo.com  Website: www.mosharka.org.  I wonder if it might be worth getting in touch with them - either directly, or via other folks we know in Egypt?

I am intending to follow up with the wonderful people I was speaking with by the Red Sea on 27th February (can hardly believe it seems quite a while ago).

with inspiration, intention and a big smile....

Romy

hello again,

thought it was about time to give a brief update ;-)

I tried to get in touch with Hala, but haven't heard back from her until now.

Simone and Hendrik from Natural Innovators have been in Cairo for some time, and there has been much exploration happening on how and with whom and around which questions AoH could be helpful in the current situation.

Those involved in the dialogue feel that this is not about bringing foreigners here to 'teach' AoH, but there is a need for some experience AoH practitioners to assist in holding conversations in a different way.

Some ideas have been and are being tossed around.

Some of the ideas are linked to activity in and around what is for now operating under the name of The Hub Cairo. For those interested, follow on facebook http://www.facebook.com/TheHubCairo

sunshine from here to other places on the planet,

Uli

Rainer v. Leoprechting said:

Hello Uli,

Great to read from you! I saw that two mates independently connected you into this thread :-)

If you know Hala already, I suggest you get in touch!

Rainer

Ulrike von Ruecker said:

Just came across this link: an Open Space in Kairo...
yes, Egyptian Youth Federation of NGOs is doing great work - the people working on AoH right now are connected to them ;-)
Over breakfast at Warrior of the Heart this weekend, Toke was busy telling about how Denmark had transformed itself from a warrior nation, then a bankrupt nation to where it is today.  I sat across from him and realised that we need to harvest these kinds of transformational stories so that they can go viral and offer new pathways to change for places like Egypt.  They don't need us to tell them what to do, but they do need offerings of ways to transform from where they are. I'd be interested in any ideas you and others have of these kinds of powerful transformation stories.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Rowan.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service